Tokyoskyline

Tokyoskyline

Friday, March 23, 2012

PICTURES! Sort of....

Here is a post with several pictures of my time here. There will be a LOT more pictures in a few days as soon as I can get wifi for my phone to upload all the pictures I took today, as well as a few videos of modern day samurai slicing stuff up.

Today I visisted an amazing temple up in a Japanese mountain, then I went to a Katana Swordsmith's workshop and learned how to make a Katana. I was then shows a demonstration of just how sharp these Katana are by the several trained "modern samurai." I was then able to wear a sword and swing it a bit. (Pictures to follow tomorrow.) I will also give a much longer description tomorrow when I have the time as well as the pictures to go with it.

I will also be doing an update regarding the host family I have been staying with. They are completely awesome and I feel they deserve a post entirely to themselves, so when I have the appropriate pictures I will create a post just for them.

Here come the pictures.

This is what the 777 jet looked like that I took. I loved this flight.
This was a sign at the airport depicting the bus routes. Think you could navigate them?
I am not exactly sure what this is, but it looked cool and I felt it was picture worthy. Don't you agree?





That about wraps up what pictures I was able to upload from my phone. I will upload quite a bit more the next time I can get reliable wifi on my phone!

Until then....enjoy the song of the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment