Tokyoskyline

Tokyoskyline

Friday, June 29, 2012

Caligraphy and more!


Konnichiwa (こんにちわ)

Today was special day for Japanese class because today we took a Calligraphy class. Now for those of you who do not know what calligraphy is, basically it is traditional Japanese way of writing that many find quite beautiful.

Now, when calligraphy is written by someone who knows what they are doing, I'm sure it WOULD be quite beautiful. Unfortunately for all of you, my calligraphy is not very attractive looking. BUT, lucky for me, most of you won't be able to tell the difference since you have no frame of reference to compare my work to! Hooray for me.

Below is a short clip of me practicing how to do the strokes properly.




Notice the pristine stroke order and flawless technique!

The result of this practice was this....I won't claim to be proud of it...

I put Picasso to shame.
My next attempt would be more successful. I decided to do the Kanji for dragon, because lets face it...who doesn't secretly want a pet dragon. GAME OF THRONES anyone!? Yeah, check it out.



Yes, this one obviously looks like garbage, but IT'S OKAY because right after I decided to implement some combo kanji action. Thus the result.


Oh yeah! Guess what it says!?

                                              Dragon.                Creation.                 Sword.

So, I made a new phrase. The dragon creation sword phrase!

Next we were assigned to write kanji on a traditional fold out fan. I decided to have some fun with the wordplay and thus wrote this...



This my friends is now the FAN of all fans because on it I have written the ultimate phrase.

                                           Eternal. Treasure. Creation. Force. Dream.


Amazing right!? This fan is now called the Eternal Treasure Creation Force Dream fan. I feel it will bring me luck and somehow influence my entrepreneurial spirit into making lots of money one day!

If you want to try your hand out calligraphy, check out this link --> An Introduction to Japanese Kanji Calligraphy

Alright, alright so that is all for today's blog post. Hope you enjoyed it!
Tomorrows installment will either be an interview with my great friend Kelvin, OR a story about how Japan has reawakened my ambition, creativity, and ultimate desire to be super successful..which believe it or not may be an interesting read.

I also plan to do a small book review of Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson. This book was one of several that I have read recently that has really inspired me. I HIGHLY suggest reading it.


And now for the song of the day, for the full song watch the Youtube video, if you like it then click --> Buy Here :D

No comments:

Post a Comment