Tokyoskyline

Tokyoskyline

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Changes to the blog!

Hey everyone. I have been doing a lot of thinking lately about how I want this blog to progress from this day forward. Obviously I will continue to update all of you on the goings on of my time in Japan, but I want this blog to continue after I leave Japan.

The next few blog posts will most likely be interviews with my friends here in Japan like I had previously discussed doing. How many of them I do will be determined by how many of my friends here are interested in answering the questions, as well as how many of the readers are actually interested in reading them. That is why I would really like feedback on the questions I ask as well as what other questions you would like to see asked.

The first interview will be posted tomorrow and you will all get to meet/learn about my friend Aisha. Her picture is below. Aisha has basically become like a little sister to me and is a really funny person.


So you can all look forward to reading all about her tomorrow.

In the mean time I will try to briefly discuss my plans for this blog's future. Hopefully you have noticed that just above this post a pair of tags have been added, one saying 'home' and one saying 'favorites'. I'll give you a second to scroll up and look at them now if you haven't already.

Clicking home will do nothing but refresh the page, but clicking the favorites tab will take you to my own little Amazon store where I have listed some of my favorite books by category. I plan on expanding this store quite a bit more over the next few weeks to include my preferences in all sorts of items such as Technology hardware and software, technology accessories, as well as many other books I have read in the past and loved. The reason I am doing this is because a lot of people ask for suggestions regarding things I have some level of knowledge about, which is mainly technology, business, and books. I've thought about recommending music, but no one buys music anymore, and if you do you probably use iTunes like a tool (no offense ;P). <--- Seriously.

Now some of you may be wondering; why would I ever go look at your store, when I can just go to Amazon.com directly, Well, often times if you know EXACTLY what you want, you will just go directly to  a site, but say you just finished reading an amazing book series like Game of Thrones, and you want to check out a Fantasy book that is similar to Game of Thrones to satisfy your medieval hunger until the next book comes out? Well, since I have been reading books pretty much non stop my entire life, the chances are I know a really good book or book series that you would really enjoy, So, instead of having to ask me directly you can instead go to this blog, check out my store and browse my personal suggestions. From there you can make your purchase through amazon and be on your way to enjoying some truly quality reading. This is just one example that can hopefully be duplicated across all the types of products I am going to be recommending. So keep checking the store for updates and additions as I more thoroughly populate it.

So, that store explanation gives a brief bit of foreshadowing to what I want this blog to eventually turn in to. I will still talk about the goings on in my life, since I have recently greatly broadened the geographic locations of my friends. But I also want this blog to be something more beneficial to people than just my daily life.

I have a lot of other ideas about expanding the content of what I put on here, and as always I would appreciate some feedback, so please leave comments below. <---- I actually WANT you to do this.

And a throwback song of the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment